CHEMICAL ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT
Spark-Lab Chemical Analysis Department performs qualitative and quantitative analyses in response to the needs of, above all, the chemical industry and related sectors. Research is carried out with the use of high-end, qualified measurement equipment.Routine analyses carried out in Spark-Lab meet both Polish and international standards. ISO 9001:2008 implemented in our laboratory undergoes periodical certification, and thus guarantees reliable quantitative analysis. With the needs of our Clients in mind we have also introduced various analytical methods designed by our Laboratory.
Routine determination tasks:
- Quantitative determination of alcohols and ethanol contaminants used in EU member states;
- Determination of purity of organic solvents along with the analysis of their contamination (Spark-Lab’s own method);
- Determination of volatile organic compounds (VOC) (PN-EN ISO 11890-2);
- Migration of certain elements (PN-EN ISO 71-3);
- Elemental analysis of metals with the use of AAS and ICP-MS techniques;
- Quantitative determination of formaldehyde in liquid matrices;
- Determination of anionic surfactants MBAS (PN-EN 903, ISO 7875-1);
- Determination of non-ionic using Dragendorff reagent (PN-ISO 7875-2);
- Quantitative determination of amygdalin in apricot kernels;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of e-liquids aimed at checking for specification compatibility;
- Quantitative analysis of Ni and Cr in e-liquids;
- Partition coefficient (n-octanol/water) (OECD 107 oraz 117);
- Determination of quantity of substances reducing potassium permanganate (PN-90/C-04516);
- Determination of EDTA content in raw materials for cosmetics (Spark-Lab’s own method);
And many more available on request.
Additionally, Spark-Lab is capable of applying methods provided by the Client as well as any standardized methods.
Research and development activity is mainly connected with qualitative and quantitative analysis of received samples through creating our own analytical procedures.In addition, we participate in product development as well as optimization of production processes. This kind of research usually goes beyond the scope of routine analysis and is based on the knowledge and experience of our qualified staff. Research planning is frequently preceded by reviewing the latest in specialist and industry literature. Apart from applying numerous chromatographic, spectrophotometric and titrimetric techniques, Spark-Lab also cooperates with trusted service providers as far as the following methods are concerned:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR);
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR);
- Mass spectrometry (MS);
- Analysis based on excitation in inductively coupled plasma (ICP);
- Ion chromatography (IC);
- Particle size analysis (Camsizer, Zetasizer);
We will be your ideal product development partner in the search of solutions for problems arising at various stages of production and implementation.